Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Riehle
  • Developer
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
Goal Setting and Business Planning, what is working for you?

Benjamin Riehle
  • Developer
  • Tucson, AZ
Posted Jun 27 2017, 12:21

Hey BP Community, 

Wanted to discuss business planning and goal setting and see what is working for everyone??

I recently went to a conference where David Osborn (Author of Wealth Can' Wait) spoke about goal setting and business planning. My biggest take away from the event was how little time he feels you need to spend working on your goals and that just a simple quarterly strategy session on your personal and professional goals results in substantial results. 

He called the long term planning and goal setting his "Air Game" and recommended you spend 1/4 of a day every quarter and one full day every year mapping out your goals. Once you have the goals mapped out you can visit your "Air Game" playbook weekly to make sure you are staying on track and holding yourself accountable. 

What made this concept so interesting to me is that I always have felt I did not have enough time in my day to purposefully map out my "Air Game" so I would make excuses and not dedicate any time. Since this conference, I have added the quarterly and yearly dedicated time in my calendar and plan to stay accountable to this committed time. 

With that, I would like to ask everyone on BP what have you found that works well for you??

Loading replies...