Cash buyers in CT???

6 Replies

Hello all,

I am very excited to say that I got my first deal under contract using direct mail. Before I sent out my letters, I had a few rehabber friends in mind that I could wholesale a property to. But, this particular house that i have under contract is not suitable for a flip, it's perfect for a landlord! A local investor got one of my absentee owner letters and wants to sell her single family rental in Waterbury. The house is move in ready. We agreed on a price and now I have a week to find a buyer. I'm looking for multiply ways to market this quickly. I put it up on the BP Marketplace and I will be attending my local REIA meeting tmrw (perfect timing). Any other tips? Or any buyers?

Originally posted by @Holly Scanlon :

Hello all,

I am very excited to say that I got my first deal under contract using direct mail. Before I sent out my letters, I had a few rehabber friends in mind that I could wholesale a property to. But, this particular house that i have under contract is not suitable for a flip, it's perfect for a landlord! A local investor got one of my absentee owner letters and wants to sell her single family rental in Waterbury. The house is move in ready. We agreed on a price and now I have a week to find a buyer. I'm looking for multiply ways to market this quickly. I put it up on the BP Marketplace and I will be attending my local REIA meeting tmrw (perfect timing). Any other tips? Or any buyers?

Depending on how well it's priced, 1 week may not be enough time, or it may be plenty of time! Have you tried craigslist, trulia, zillow etc? I'm not sure if you are an agent or not, and I don't know the local laws regarding advertising a property as "for sale" if it isn't yours. 

It might also be worth partnering up with an agent (if the $ allow it) ... if the agent can get a buyer from the MLS, maybe s/he pays you a suitable referral fee. Not sure on the legalities of that either, though!

Lastly, post it up in the local connecticut / ct area of the BP forum. You never know who's reading!

Thank you for the helpful advice! I am not an agent, unfortunately, but I will post it in the local section. Thanks again.

@Holly Scanlon

If you get the trailing 12 from the landlord, it may help you find buyers at your local REIA and will help answer the questions from interested buyers from the BP marketplace.

Is there something keeping you from adding it to your own portfolio?

This post has been removed.

@Filipe Pereira , it is a violation of our rules to advertise in the forums.

@Holly Scanlon , please do not list this in the local forum. The Marketplace is the only forum where advertising is allowed. 

Sorry it was my understanding the marketplace was an extension of the forms.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.