Real Estate Investing terminology по-русски

2 Replies

Hey, BP community! Posted this in off-topic, but that seems to be the road less traveled...

My husband is currently studying Russian at the graduate level and was wondering if anyone on here could provide a good list of accurate RE investing terms and phrases in Russian so he can appropriately talk about the subject.

If needs, send me a PM.

Thanks a ton!

Большое спасибо!

Mandy Ellett

@Mandy Ellett I'll qualify this by saying that I don't speak Russian. However, there are some general ideas you can explore to develop a skill-specific vocabulary.

1) Financial and real estate news. Try searching for whatever "real estate" is in Russian, and focus on news results. There are certainly Russian-language economic magazines or newspapers that could help. I've found reading is the foundation for higher-level speaking in a second language.

2) Real estate books. It might not be on Amazon, but there may be some basic real estate books in Russian you could find with a little digging.

3) Russian-language news/podcasts. There may be some options, again with some digging. Focus on the hard news, and strongly recommend avoiding Russia Today (RT).

4) You're in Bothell -- isn't there a pretty vibrant Russian-speaking community in Seattle? There may be some meetups, and they could assist developing that vocabulary. Or recommend some Russian bookstores that would have things you couldn't find online.

@Mandy Ellett   I have spent a fair amount of time in Russia and have dealt with many Russians here.  Most Russians that invest in the US speak fluent British English.

If he is planning on working with rich Russians English should not be a problem.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
    • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
    • Learn how to get started with or without money,
    • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
    • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.