Looking for some more experience in real estate!

8 Replies

Hi my name is Michael and over this summer I want to get an internship somewhere. I have experience with investors, bird dogging for them, learning from them, etc. they really liked what I was doing for them so I thought it might be I good idea to go onto the next step and work at a real place instead of online and get myself an internship somewhere near me.

I live in Yonkers, NY and pretty much looking for anybody willing to give me hands on work in real estate, wether it be with a brokerage, property management, bank, investors, etc.

If you guys have any tips, recommendations on some places to look at, or even possibly an opportunity with an internship please reach out to me I will greatly appreciate it! I am very eager to learn and will provide excellent results for you, no doubt about it! Thanks for you time!

What type of real estate investing are you interested in? Maybe go to a local REI meeting and find someone who does what you want to do and see if they need an assistant. If you have experience finding deals, maybe try to find a partner who has experience to invest with you and you can learn as you go instead of trying to find an internship.

@Michael Kantar

Feel free to PM me your resume.  I would be open to seeing if something might work.

@Kerry Mertz I'm interested in All the aspects of real estate, the only reason that I'm looking for an internship is because of my age. I'm very eager to learn and become successful in real estate so I will be willing to take anything life throws at me.

@Michael Kantar send me a PM if you're still looking for an internship opportunity.  My company acquires and manages commercial properties as well as flip residential properties in NY, GA and NC.  Our office is in Yonkers and we are looking for someone to help around the office and to grow with us.

hi Ruben, hope all is well. when is the next Yonkers meetup?

Hello Mike,

One thing you can do is look for agents that are popular in your area and notify them asking for an internship. A lot of agents are willing to do that and there are about 7 interns working in my office at the moment. Look up MET Team at KW NY Realty. They work heavily with investors.

Mike.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.