Books or tutorials on resolving title issue

4 Replies

Looking for a good book on resolving title issues and just understanding the transfer of title process all together. Yes I have learned some things already that my sellers might need to clear title so we can get the sale done but the more I know the better it is for everyone before we even start the process.

Do you have a particular title problem in mind? If so, then spell it out and maybe we can make some suggestions. 

Or is it one of those 'well, some day I might come across a title problem and I want to learn about every single scenario that could possible happen' thing? I'd say 'forget it'.  Let the title company figure out what's going on. 

Personally, I like to follow my title back many years, before I make offers, just to know what i"m dealing with. And I've dealt with my share of title problems. Looking back, I don't think any book could have prepared me, because they were all different and I learned a ton.

take a job as a title examiner

I don’t have a problem right now, have had some in the past and learned how to fix the issue, just would like to have more knowledge. I find it beneficial sharing knowledge with sellers on deals I’m working out with them. I agree that most of the things I will learn is by fixing these problems after title points out the issue. Hard to find books on your typical title issues on SFR’s and there solutions.

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

take a job as a title examiner

I was going to say intern at a title company... but who would want to do that 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.