Property Measurement and Land Marking

Property Measurement and Land Marking

Lowell, MA · Member since 2014 · 335 posts · 52 votes

Hello BPer,

There is a vacant land adjacent to one of my properties. Apparently, the a builder who is responsible for building the new property on this vacant land gave a hand out to tenants to move their car. They are also advising them that the land will be blocked and cap off.

To be honest, I don't really know where my land ends. So is it something that I should contact the city to have them mark or show me with a small fee? OR I have to call a civil engineer company to do this kind of marking and measurement.

I called the city assessor office today, but they turned me away. The office lady that works at the assessor office sounds so confuse, lol.

0Reply
20 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    8y

    A survey should be registered with your land registry office. If not you will need to pay for a survey yourself.

  • Lowell, MA · Member since 2014 · 335 posts · 52 votes
    8y

    @Thomas S. So I was talking to the wrong department (the assessor) earlier. I called a different department later, the planning and development department. The lady asked for the address, and told me to come down and look at the land/plot - she appeared very knowledgeable. She also gave me a surveyor number to call. According to her, the surveyor is more economically sound than a civil engineer company. She said that the surveyor marking will meet my need. I have to stop by her office to look at a plot sometime. 

    Thank you for your feedback.

    Regards,

    -Chan- 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.