• Investor
  • Henderson, NV
Votes |
My run-in with a scammer in Las Vegas

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Henderson, NV
Posted Nov 4 2017, 14:03

A warning for new and old investors out there in case you're looking at the same property. Beware the FSBO listing at 674 Baffin Island Rd in Henderson, NV. This is a scammer so don't waste your time. Here's what transpired:

So I saw this house with a great price listed FSBO on the MLS yesterday and I thought what a great deal, let's see what I can talk the owner into giving it to me for. Called the number listed (an Ohio number, red flag 1) and got a voicemail. Texted him also to say I'm a buyer and was interested and a few minutes later got a reply asking if I was an agent or a buyer. I replied buyer and he texts back saying he's out of the country (red flag 2) but he can give me a pin for the self showing. I said okay, but we'll have to meet up to talk a deal and "This smells like a nigerian scam btw. Don't even think of asking for upfront money. Lol."

. . . and the very next message I get from him is . . . drum roll please . . . "Can you pay for the upfront money so that i could send my lawyer to you..." (red flag 3)

Then of course I tell him to f--- off. Anyhow, be careful in your dealings and good luck to all. Sometimes when a deal is too good to be true it probably is.

Loading replies...