• San Antonio, TX
Votes |
New-ish Investor Seeking Advice

William Vargas
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Nov 14 2017, 20:49

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster... I'm looking for advice from those of you who are seasoned and well versed in the real estate investment world.

My background quickly: I've been employing the buy/hold/rent real estate strategy for the last 8 years or so. I have been able to slowly grow my real estate portfolio to 8 properties. 2 quad-plexes, 1 duplex, and 5 single family homes. I have financed all of them using traditional 30-year fixed financing with 25% down. I have approximately $150k in equity spread across all of them and my average LTV is approx 60-65%. I have an additional $30k in free cash.

I have been slowly saving my cashflow and using that to make downpayments on each new purchase.. it's slow and steady, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like I am leaving money on the table and not maximizing my potential. 

What strategies would you pros recommend I research and/or pursue? I have not done any cash out refis to finance more properties, nor have I ever sold a property. 

This is an image of my current property numbers before property management expenses (10% mnthly rent). I pay water in the quad-plexes and maintain home warranties on all of them (cost roughly $375 per year). 

Any feedback would be much appreciated. I'm looking forward to the conversation..

Cheers

Loading replies...