Where to Invest in Las Vegas?

5 Replies

My name is Noelani and I am fairly new to Bigger Pockets. My boyfriend has raved about the site for months until I finally noticed how beneficial this could be for our lives. He bought me the Rental Property Investing book by Brandon Turner and I couldn't put it down. I haven't even finished it because I'm so ready and excited for this opportunity! I live in Las Vegas and am not sure where to begin. Does anyone in Vegas or anywhere else have any advice for a new comer in this profession? 

Noelani Neil, Contractor

Aaron, thank you for your reply! If you don't mind me asking, is there a reason you say only Summerlin? I am new and don't have much money to begin with and I know that area tends to be in the higher price range. Just curious.

Noelani Neil, Contractor

@Terry Lao , thank you for the article! Its very helpful!

Noelani Neil, Contractor

@Noelani Neil

Have you narrowed your type of property? like SFR, condo/townhome, or multi-units (1-4) ? Each type has its pros and cons. If you are a beginner, and not much money, and you currently rent, then the best house hack would be to buy multi-units (1-4), and live in one unit. This way you can use FHA, and only requires 3.5% down, and use the rents from other units to pay for your mortgage. Living in one of the units will also give you first hand experience for repairs and maintenance.

Next question, when you say not much money, how much? because this will narrow your ability to buy one, two, three, or four units.

Terry

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.