SimpliSafe non-existant customer service, new system doesn't work

2 Replies

Seeing as SimpliSafe is a sponsor, are there any escalation paths to getting some help?  I have tried on multiple days over the past week to contact their customer service.  The hold times are in excess of 20-30 minutes by the time I give up.  I did try and leave a message, they called me back days later.   I am only at my property for a limited amount of time so I wont have access to the unit when they call back.  I was really hoping SimpliSafe would give me some piece of mind, instead I can't even get started and wasted a bunch of time mounting/testing something that is useless.  

The problem is the base station can not connect to the dispatch center.  “No Link to Dispatcher” is displayed.  I've tried entering test mode numerous times, but it never authenticates.  The base station is near a window in an area with excellent cell coverage.  

Any ideas before I give up and return the device?  

Seems I am not alone...

https://simplisafe.com/forum/customer-support-foru...

https://simplisafe.com/forum/customer-support-foru...

@Greg Myroth Their e-mail support did eventually offer to send me a Verizon base station, I guess the standard is on T-mobile.  My house was in the best coverage according to T-mobile maps.  Hold times were 20-30 minutes for support over several attempts.  Hours wasted mounting and on hold, I decided to just return it.  You have to call to return as well and waste more time on hold.  

Had really high hopes, but it didn't work for me.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you