How do you organize your property information/portfolio?

1 Reply

Is there a specific program or method you use to organize your properties?  I work in healthcare and I'm thinking of our electronic medical record.  When I pull up a patient, all information pertaining to that patient is in one area- including referrals, imaging, forms, etc.  Is there an equivalent program for real estate?  I am just getting started in real estate and having an efficient organization method is important to me. Thanks in advance!

Hey @Jess Mcguire , great question.  I have grappled with a centralized electronic management system and pieced together my own using Google Drive, but I am upgrading to Buildium.  They seem to have everything I will need to manage my portfolio as it is now, and also be able to handle my portfolio as it grows.  I won't lie, price point was a large part of my deciding factor, and I didn't find many in the price point that I needed or liked until I came across Buildium...the interface closely aligns with AppFolio and the book keeping looks and acts just like Quick Books.  I am staring to on board my company to the platform this week.   Feel free to drop me a line in a couple weeks and I'll let you know my thoughts.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here