Looking for suggestions on hard money in Philadelphia suburbs.

6 Replies

Hello every one. I am on bigger pockets almost daily reading the forums and listening to podcasts. So, I figured today I’d jump in with my question in hopes of finding a solution.

A house I really like has come onto the market and I’m looking for suggestions on how I can actually buy it. I’d like to buy it for 67k and after a 30k rehab I’m confident I could sell it for 155k. 

Is there any hard money lenders in the philly suburbs people would recommend? I have worked in remodeling for 10 years, but do not have a flipping track record to show them. Slim chance of finding  a hard money loan of 97k before the place sells? thanks for reading!

Conrad,

Even if you don't have a flipping record, as long as the numbers work out you will be able to find money. They will evaluate you as a higher risk and charge you a greater amount of points/ higher rate as a results. check the following for lenders https://www.biggerpockets.com/hardmoneylenders/pen...

They they can not help you then go to a bank and apply for a unsecured line of credit. They will give it to you based off risk factors.

Conrad,

Some hard money lenders work with newbie investor if credit and assets are strong, but the down payment will likely be higher, and your contribution towards rehab, also. If you can show before and after pictures of some of the renovation completed this may be helpful in finding a HML who can assist you.

Thanks for the responses. I called one lender today and got the ball rolling. My next step is creating a business plan for the house and will use pictures from passed projects to help show that I at least know how to renovate a home. Hopefully I can get funding for the house or have things lined up to move quicker in the future.

I found the unsecured line of credit through the bank pretty interesting. I hadn’t thought of that before. But, I plan on looking into that as well.

Thanks again!

Hi Conrad, you will find that only certain lenders will work with smaller loan amounts as you detail above. That, along with the fact that you are newer, means you need to find a lender who is comfortable with your market and your situation. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions relating to flips in Philly or HML in general. Best of luck!

Anthony Palmiotto, Lender
732-825-8095

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.