Real Estate Investing

4 Replies

Hello my name is Joseph Harwell. I am new to the real estate investing world and I am looking to build my cash buyers list. Could anyone provide some tips on how to go about this. I have a list of about 10 and would like to build it to over 100. Would love any help/advice anyone can give. Thank you!

Hi Joseph.  

When you find a property and advertise it save the contact information from the investors reaching out to you.  

It's really that simple.  I think building a 'buyer's list' is the most over-thought, worried over, step in wholesaling.

I'm sure you've heard this already but I'm going to repeat it anyway;   the hard part about wholesaling is finding the deal.  

If you find one I'd love to be the first to know because I'm in Louisville too. 

Good luck.  

Really a list of 10 solid buyers maybe enough but in truth if you start finding and advertising deals like @Brett K. said you will grow your buyers list organically.  I get added to buyers lists all the time just by asking for more info on deals.  

If you have 10 serious investors and find serious deals, that should be good enough, and like the others said, the list will grow organically if you are finding deals. 

Of course to meet more buyers go to meetups in your area.

I agree with @Brett K. and @Jeffrey Holst building the buyers list that big is an unnecessary activity when getting started. I have 5 solid buyers I work with and three of those 5 are consistent with buying my deals. I don't do that many a year but the ones I do get are sold pretty quick. Focus on getting a house under contract, then attend a local meetup or REIA , market the deals there and if that doesn't work; post it on zillow and craigslist; your phone will ring off the hook with buyers. Build the list from there.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.