Votes
Brook Decker
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
Help with 2 Realtors from the Same Office

Brook Decker
  • New York City, NY
Posted Jan 25 2018, 06:07

So I've been working with a realtor in the Southeast region for the past 2 months. For background, I'm a new investor but after discussing funding and future plans, he agreed to work with me. He is a senior realtor at a major firm. Initially, everything was fine and he said he would find me off-market deals. In our second conversation, he mentioned an off-market property which I reviewed and replied within a couple hours with my feedback and I asked for the financials. The realtor never responded. I called him a few days later and it went to voicemail. 2 weeks later, he sends me the marketing package with pro formas. I review the financials and within a few hours I ask for more information, including the current income and expenses. He does not respond to me for another month. In that time, I am calling him twice a week, no luck. He finally sends the financials, which are incomplete and states that the property is now on the market and he is already expecting offers. I ask if he has any more off-market deals and he says he has one and will send information soon. I am still waiting for a response, 2 weeks later. Needless to say, for one reason or another, I am not a priority to him. I am not mad, but I do realize that I need to find a realtor that will be timely.

I decided to move on to another agent. I go on Loopnet and I find someone. A few days ago, I reach out to him and he calls me within 30 minutes. We talk and he tells me about an off-market property in another market. He sends me all of the financials minutes after the call. I take a look at the marketing package and I notice he works with the first realtor I had been working with. The first realtor is a senior agent while the second realtor is new to real estate, he started a few months ago (and I assume he works under realtor #1). 

I feel a bit uneasy that they are working together and it's only a matter of time before the first realtor learns that I have moved on. I don't think I did anything wrong since the first realtor never responded to me. The second realtor is already mentioning a new off-market opportunity that he wants to send me if this first deal doesn't work out. He's been great and I want to keep working with him. 

Would this be a problem in the long run with the senior realtor learns that I am working with his junior realtor now? 

Note: I never signed anything saying I would be exclusive to one realtor.

Loading replies...