Votes
Matt Shope
  • Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
Why use a realtor to make offers?

Matt Shope
  • Albuquerque, NM
Posted Feb 22 2018, 22:18

I've done some wholesaling but I'm considering transitioning into buy and holds. I have a couple of questions about one of the strategies commonly discussed on the show and in the forums. Brandon Turner recommends finding potential properties, running the numbers, and then placing multiple offers a day/week. I know the common practice is to use a realtor to place these offers. Is it necessary to use a realtor to place these offers? What's in it for them on a buy and hold? I know on a flip you can give them the listing when you go to sell but why would they do it on a buy and hold? If you're asking them to write up multiple offers a week I assume that takes a decent amount of time on their part. I want to provide value to the realtor as well, I'm just not sure how on a property I'm not reselling. The second part of my question is why can't I just call or mail an offer to these owners myself? I am probably going to look for properties on Craigslist and I'm constantly driving for dollars list so I'm not going to be using the MLS at this point. Does the use of a realtor give my offer more credibility, is it illegal or unethical not to use a realtor?

Loading replies...