Investor Friendly RE Agents- Suffolk County, NY

3 Replies

I am looking for an investor friendly RE agent in Suffolk County, NY.  However, when going the @Brandon Turner route (i.e. analyzing 100 deals to put in 10 offers to get 1)  If I am starting out looking for foreclosure properties I've analyzed to put in below-ask offers, how do you position this to an agent.  Of course I am not expecting much from the agent aside form presenting the offers and ideally don't want to waste their time,  but inherently they will need to devote time, write the offers, present them, etc. which, of course, could otherwise be spent elsewhere. 

Are agents willing to work with a newbie with a plan so they can see that there is potential down the road for more business?  Are most reluctant to do this?

@Matt B.

Most agents will be willing to work with you.

The problem agents have with investors is usually with the lack of transparency. Nobody likes to work in the dark...

Many times, new investors don't have a plan, or they don't exactly want to share it. Maybe because they aren't exactly sure themselves. Or, they just like to keep information close to themselves.

When any investor approaches an agent, it comes down to the vision of what the investor wants and also the clarity on the process.

If you are very clear about your plan and your process and are willing to share that information with an agent, then you shouldn't have a problem finding someone that will have a vested interest in your success...

As with anything, if you treat your potential agent like a partner, they'll do the same.

Thanks for the feedback, that's what I've assumed .  @Christopher Phillips I appreciate your responses, always full of great info... Thanks again

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here