Finding Investors To Sell An Option Contract To

2 Replies

I may have an option contract to sell soon.  I have contacts in the building industry, and my original intent was to sell this as a teardown opportunity (it's in West St. Louis County so the land is worth a good amount).  However, the house is a former duplex that has separate utilities, egresses, etc.

On top of that I found out that the smaller frontage of the lot means that the municipality in which it's located probably is not amenable to allowing the lot to be split.  So my question is what approach you would take to finding non-builders (i.e. investors) to sell the contract to?  How would you go about finding them?  I'm new to this and my contacts are on the building and appraisal side (not the investment side).  Additionally, with my full time job I will not have much time to devote to this in the next 2 months or so.  Any ideas?   I couldn't figure out how to post this on the St. Louis local forum so here it is.

Hi @Phil Councilor I would be interested in buying to add to my rental portfolio or I can help you find a buyer.  Can you PM me the details?

@Phil Councilor PM me the details. Looking to expand my portfolio in St Louis

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here