Home insurance Kansas City

9 Replies

Hey everyone in Kansas City. We are working on analyzing some deals but we do not own our own home yet. What are you guys paying per month on home insurance? Is there a price per square foot that you guys are seeing? Or an overall average. Property values we are looking at are around $75,000 to $100,000 in the area.

Thanks!

I think you could safely assume $100/mo for insurance. That's probably pretty conservative, but put you in the ball park. I have townhouses currently and I think I pay about $70/mo each. But if your deal can't cover an extra $30 or so bucks per month, run! :)

@Jordan Gobely use the 1% rule for insurance in the Kansas City market for your numbers and you will be covered.  I have used Shelter Insurance for years for my rental properties.  They have a very competitive rate for rental properties.  I will say, however, that I have not had to deal with a claim with them, so I don't know how good they are at delivering on their policy.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here