How can I offer my services in exchange for knowledge?

3 Replies

Hello,

My name is Andrew and I have been in the construction field for 15 years. I am very interested in real estate investing, but I don't know how, where, when, what to buy. I am currently making 80k a year working as a carpenter here in Oregon. I would like to know how I can exchange my knowledge for the knowledge of a well established real estate investor.  I am not looking for a job or side work. Any Ideas on ways I may be able to help someone that already knows what there doing? And add value wile learning how to invest in real estate in a hands on way. Thank you for any help or information.

@Andrew Meyers welcome to BP! Go to your local REIA and connect there. You’ll do better in person connecting than online.

Best of luck!

Scott Matthew C., Broker
734-995-9400

I'd like to echo what @Scott Matthew C. said.  Attend local meetups in your area and talk to other investors.  You'll 100% find another investor who could use a contractor as partner.  My business has grown exponentially faster once I took on a partner.  It makes expanding much more manageable.

Michael Ablan, Real Estate Agent in NY (#10401289490)

Thank you Scott and Michael for the info. I'm not looking for a partner. I  was more looking for suggestions on how I mite help out someone with out physically picking up a hammer or investing my money in a project? I don't want to show up to a meeting with empty hands and ask for help. I have knowledge of construction, but i don't want t fix houses as that's what I do currently. I guess i should have ask my question in a different way. How would a real estate investor who is established need the help of a person with construction background with out him do the work? Again thank you for the help and I will make it out to a meet up.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.