Downturn Starting?

6 Replies

:shock:

I have talked with a number of investors in the San Diego area who are citing concern that single-family homes are staying on the market considerably longer and buyers are becoming fickle.

It is noteworthy that the press is paying more attention to impending doom in the market. Local realtors, such as those in the Escondido area, are also noticing the signs.

I've heard chatter of the same thing all around. It will be interesting to see if this translates to "impending doom". Homes staying longer on market is a sign of slowdown, but throughout the bubble of the last few yrs, there have been variations in average DOM (days on market).

bubble or no bubble, I am not moving out of my house. It is not for sale... unless ofcourse if walmart decides to build over it.

Everytime it seems that you hear about DOM getting longer, it seems like the market quickly improves again and takes off. It is never ending. I hate the anxiety of waiting to see what may happen.

Even in the worst investing environments there are deals to be found. When you stumble onto them the payday is almost assured.

Don't follow the mainstream, do what others aren't and steal the show from backstage. Heh Heh Heh :idea:

What you say makes sense, Dan. Buy when others are running scared, right?

Nate it pays to remember that death, divorce, job loss, relocation, over extension of credit and obligations is a constant in society you just have to be in the right places at the right times to solve those problems as quickly, efficiently and amicably as possible in order to profit. Be a problem solver and help others along the way!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you