Caribbean hot spots in the next few years

3 Replies

I was wondering if anyone has experience with traveling to the Caribbean or buying properties in the Caribbean.

I am wanting to purchase a vacation home, and also rent it out when we are not there. I have been to the Cayman Islands plenty of times, and love it, but I want to find somewhere else - a hidden gem maybe... that has yet to explode as a tourist destination, but close enough to a major town that airlines can fly into as I need to make it somewhat affordable and accessible to people who would like to rent it out. Of course we all want the best of both worlds; that is a hidden gem on a secluded/private beach, but close enough to a town to find good eats, drinks, and shopping. Not to mention interaction with the locals is awesome.

I am open to any and all suggestions! However, I would like to avoid Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, and Mexico, but that doesn’t mean if presented with a fantastic opportunity, I wouldn’t look into it.

Thank you everyone!

Respectfully,

Andrew James

Hi there!! I don’t want to avoid it, because any place in the Caribbean is amazing, but I’m looking for more of a vacation home  than a rental. And in that case, I would prefer it not be as touristy as DR. Im sure there are places that are not, however. It’s hard to explain lol. I’m sure I can get talked into it, but I guess I was looking for a deeper island culture as opposed to one that is a bit Americanized. I hope that answers a portion of your question haha. But as I mentioned, I would never turn away from a good opportunity. Thank you for your reply Rhinesca!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you