Find a person out of state to look at a property for me

3 Replies

I am looking at some land out of state, and I need a local person who can look at it for me.  I've heard about but don't know much about them.  I need to know details about the land so I can know what prep work will be needed.  Any ideas for finding someone who can help with this?

A real estate agent would be able to help with this best.  But if you just need someone to conduct a video chat with you out there you might try craigslist or something similar.  It will depend on what you want the person to do.

I'm mostly concerned about the slopes. It is in the mountains in Eastern TN. I need to know that it is a viable option for building (or placing) a cabin.  I've spoken to one RE agent, but she doesn't seem to know much about land.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you