Refinancing LLC challenges.

3 Replies

Hey BP, I'm buying my first property using my LLC and Im curious about pulling money out as a company vs an individual. If your portfolio consist of properties own as a LLC and you have refinanced one or more of them, please share. Will I be better off buying as an individual if pulling money out is apart of my goal? will I have any problems buying as a LLC? Thanks BP

Hi Mel. I’m sure every lender differ and you’ll get different responses. My personal experience, I was able to refinance a property I own in an LLC and get cash out. The bigger banks were harder to do it. A local credit union was more than happy to refinance but no cash out. I did find another smaller bank locally that did allow the refinance and cash out. So, my response would be to shop around and talk to different lenders. I talked to multiple banks before finding one who was willing to do that for me.

Originally posted by @Herly C. :

Hi Mel. I'm sure every lender differ and you'll get different responses. My personal experience, I was able to refinance a property I own in an LLC and get cash out. The bigger banks were harder to do it. A local credit union was more than happy to refinance but no cash out. I did find another smaller bank locally that did allow the refinance and cash out. So, my response would be to shop around and talk to different lenders. I talked to multiple banks before finding one who was willing to do that for me.

Thank you Herly!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you