Refinancing LLC challenges.

Refinancing LLC challenges.

Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 256 posts · 110 votes
Hey BP, I'm buying my first property using my LLC and Im curious about pulling money out as a company vs an individual. If your portfolio consist of properties own as a LLC and you have refinanced one or more of them, please share. Will I be better off buying as an individual if pulling money out is apart of my goal? will I have any problems buying as a LLC? Thanks BP
0Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Harjeet BhattiPro Member
    Lender · Glenview IL- CDLP NMLS#230554 · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 747 votes
    8y

    @Mel Hayes Mostly conventional loan lenders won't lend on LLC name. If you want conventional loan it has to be individual name. Commercial lender does lend on LLC name.

  • Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 7 votes
    8y
    Hi Mel. I’m sure every lender differ and you’ll get different responses. My personal experience, I was able to refinance a property I own in an LLC and get cash out. The bigger banks were harder to do it. A local credit union was more than happy to refinance but no cash out. I did find another smaller bank locally that did allow the refinance and cash out. So, my response would be to shop around and talk to different lenders. I talked to multiple banks before finding one who was willing to do that for me.
  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 256 posts · 110 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Herly C.:

    Hi Mel. I'm sure every lender differ and you'll get different responses. My personal experience, I was able to refinance a property I own in an LLC and get cash out. The bigger banks were harder to do it. A local credit union was more than happy to refinance but no cash out. I did find another smaller bank locally that did allow the refinance and cash out. So, my response would be to shop around and talk to different lenders. I talked to multiple banks before finding one who was willing to do that for me.

     Thank you Herly!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.