This is my first post here, so I hope I don't mess it up :)
My name is Hugo Laranjeira and I'm a real estate agent/brokerage founder (Nomad Real Estate) /investor/ all around problem solver in Lisbon
I wanted to talk a little about how Portugal is a great place for investors right now and, on the other hand, I'd like to ask a few questions about the US.
First of all, I don't know is this is well known, but Portugal is today the best gateway to anyone coming to Europe to live or invest due to our visa program.
Did you see the news about Madonna coming to Portugal and all that publicity stunt about how Lisbon is beautiful and such? Well, our tax incentives for foreigners are even more beautiful and paying 10% maximum of income tax is always funny.
When you add foreign investment to tourism and a booming economy it's easy to understand why the prices here are getting higher.
That opens a lot of opportunities for everyone looking to invest.
Rent prices in Lisbon are crazy high and everyone looking for good caps ( 5,6,7% +) and with a bit of patience can get a good deal. At Nomad we work with investors from all around Europe right now and would gladly team up with people from the US, finding deals or even teaming up as investors.
We are now expanding to new markets. I want to diversify the places where we have investments and we have portuguese clients looking to do the same.
We're now entering the UK and France markets but I would like to know more about the US.
1) Is it easy for a foreigner to come to the USA and invest in Real Estate?
2) In Portugal anyone can be a Real Estate as long as he works for a licensed brokerage. How does it work in the US? Would it be possible for a foreign broker to work there?
3) What good information material would you recommend to compare all the markets state to state?
4) Well, the questions are endless so... Any good tips? Do you recommend that I give it a try? Where would you start?
I'll probably come to the US this year to get to know the ways better, when I come I'll do my best to meet some of you guys!
Thanks for being such a cool community! And sorry for the long post!!
Both Lisbon and certain areas of the US are great places to invest. I just sent you a message.
Thanks Mike! Will get to you shortly!
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you