Looking for help with tracking communication flow.

1 Reply

Hello everyone. Hope you are all well!

So, I have a problem keeping up with everyone I am talking to/networking with. I will start talking with someone on here, over email, phone, etc. and then we may not have a reason to speak again for a bit and I will then, many times, forget that I had wanted to touch base with that person again until way later.

I work a lot, so things slip my brain pretty easily. I can set reminders and what not to remind myself... but I was curious if anyone had utilized something like Excel to track their communications with people. Maybe setting up spreadsheets for Agents, Lenders, Wholesalers, etc. and logging who you have been communicating with, about what you were communicating, when you were communicating, and any planned or expected follow ups from either side.

Mostly, I just am having a hard time figuring out the best way to keep track of all this information without it becoming ridiculously jumbled. I thrive on lists and that sort of organization.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you so much! I really appreciate any help!

Not to self-bump, but want to make sure I am being clear (my fault, I can be scattered).  

I don't think I am looking for CRM?  I am not calling leads or anything. More the best way to organize stuff like this. 

Dave Davidson

Contractor

First Contact: 06/15/18

Initial conversation summary: Blah blah blah blah blah

Will I be contacting again? Yes/No

Any follow up conversation information will then be logged after:

6/20/18:  Called again and spoke to David, he is interested in meeting at the property for a walk through on 6/25/18.

6/25/18:  Met at property, will be expecting itemized estimate from David by 6/30/18

6/30/18: Received estimate, need to go over this and compare to other two estimates.

And so on and so on, so I don't lose track of my communications with each person.

That is the sort of stuff I am talking about.  I felt like starting with an excel workbook with separate worksheets for "Contractors", "Wholesalers", "Agents", "BP Folks", etc. would work but then I don't know how to best organize the info so each sheet doesn't just become insane with so much information that I have a hard time finding what I am looking for each time I refer to the workbook... hopefully that is a little more clear?

Thank you for any recommendations!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you