Note Investing in California

5 Replies

Hi All, 

I am an aspiring real estate investor in Southern California and need some help. I have been listening to Bigger Pockets for a few months now and since taking all the advice that I have strategically stumbled upon, I have to say my career is starting to gain momentum. I am currently assisting a private real estate investor who is flipping mobile homes. He finances these homes for the buyers and is selling the notes so he can have cash flow for more deals. If anyone knows of a reliable source for me to offload these notes, please reply and lets talk. The Notes are for a period of 13 years at 9% with payments of $350 per month.

@Andrea Barbee , notes on MHs w/o land (a depreciating asset) for such a long period is not particularly appealing. You can get a much better yield secured by an appreciating asset and that's what most experienced note investors are looking for. So I believe you will have a hard time unloading them in traditional note investing circles.

Maybe market to people with SDIRAs. A LOT of people set them up and put money into them and then never do anything with them except pay the fees. If you have a fairly secure investment earning a steady 9% it would be better for them than sitting on cash. Just a thought.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you