Should I spent 12k on an real estate coaching group?

11 Replies

After making it thru the first interview with Six Figure Flipping (6FF), I was asked, "how are you going to pay the 12k, by credit card or something else?"  I told him that I was concerned that I was not given more metrics and that I have not met my would-be coach.  I've been in on three real estate deals and still have not landed my first one.  I'm getting desperate to find some help and direction to get a multi-unit.  Does this group have clout and legitimacy in the BiggerPocket community?  What are my options?  I do not want to spend 12k without being wise about the investment.  Any alternatives?

I have not heard of that program. No idea if it is worth 12k.  Found them on FB and maybe they are legit, idk.  If you are looking to get into multi-family then NO that is not for you.  There are multi-family conferences that might be better learning for you.

Something like this: https://besteverconference.com/

https://jakeandgino.mykajabi.com/store/Dn9KmFBd

I have not been to either of those conferences either, but at least it is in the multi family industry.  

Try networking at your local meetups, see if you can talk to anyone who has done what you are looking to do, and learn from them.

@Colin C Barrett Flipping will not teach you how to buy multifamily. If you want to buy&hold multifamily, you should look into multifamily programs. You can also go to REI networking events and start reading some MFH books.

If you haven't met your coach and they aren't willing to explain things to you then no. Don't sign up for something that expensive without full details of what you'll receive. Usually all programs have good information but, like you're doing now, make sure you do full due dilligence on any coaching you pay for.

@Colin C Barrett ,

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/398...

https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/six-figure-fl...

I guess they've increased their cost!   No chance I'd ever do it, or suggest anyone do it!    

If you wanna spend money to increase your likelihood of success, go take out some GCs to dinner, and start networking!    Figuring out good, reputable people to build a team to do a flip is what will translate to money, not spending $$ on a guru

@Colin C Barrett every resource you need to close your first multifamily deal is here on this forum. FOR FREE. Every one of these guru groups that charge an exorbitant amount of money to hold your hand is capitalizing on your laziness. Be honest with yourself. If you are too lazy to learn the information that is readily available why do you think spending 12k will change that? 

Is it fear? There are countless members on this forum who would not mind in the slightest to give you some input on any deal you are considering. Once you have the knowledge the only thing stopping you is YOU!

Spend time finding a mentor who will help educate you, close leads with you, and assist in structuring deals. If you spend time finding deals you should be able to find a good mentor. I happily mentor and assist anyone with drive who is actively marketing for deals and make it a win-win, especially from an education standpoint. 

No, do not waste $12,000 of your hard earned money on this course!

Instead, take my personal course for the low price of $9,999. 

Send check or money order to:

Mike's Ripoff Premiere Course on Multifamily

13 Takinyercash Lane

Westport, CT

Thank you everyone for your wisdom.  I did notice that it was weird for them not to give metrics @Laura Alamery , which any good mentor would.   I've decided not to spend the 12k (@Joe M. ).

I have found that I learn best under someone but it is true that I'm being lazy in not waiting for the right group or person.  I will keep trying to network to find partnerships and mentors.  Someone who can structure deals with me @Brett Goldsmith or a mentor who who can partner @Tom Gimer . For now, I will check out some REI events in Chicago @Alina Trigub and check out a conference or two (Thanks @Tyler Weaver ).  As @David Lilley wisely noted that BiggerPockets is free.  So maybe I'll do some self-reflection and continue to soak in the videos, forums and books recommended.

Thank you for being a wonderful, integrity-filled community!  You've probably not only saved me 12k, but also a lot of time! =)

@Colin C Barrett Let's split the $12,000 and go to Vegas for the weekend and I'll tell you everything I know about real estate. You'll have more fun and will probably get more real information than the generic verbiage these programs sell. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you