Reach out directly to seller RE agent ?

3 Replies

Hello,

I wanted to have your insight on this topic. For out of state investor, it's no brainer, but locally, do you recommend to still work with a real estate agent when buying a property or is it not an issue to not have one and directly work with the seller agent ?

Obviously the seller agent will be in a win win situation, but I have heard that it's always good to have "your" agent.

Let me know what you guys think.

To our success.

Assuming you are able to understand the transaction and are confident in your ability to represent your own interests then call the selling agent directly.  There are good reasons to have a local agent working for you though, they might bring you deals you missed or where otherwise unaware of they also ideally can function to double check everything to make sure everything is handled correctly and finally the very best agents also have great relationships with vendors and can help you through the whole process.  It can make for a easier and smoother transaction.  All that is to say there are reasons to go either way,  Personally I sometime use myself, sometime use other realtors and sometimes let the listing agent handle it all.

When an unrepresented buyer wants to buy one of my listings, they will almost always end up paying more than if they had an agent.  When Im negotiating against someone who doesnt know what they are doing, they end up waiving all kinds of things there is no need to, paying more than they need to.....and they walk away happy as a bee thinking they did a great job.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you