Roofing: cost to replace roof OSB per sheet?

2 Replies

How much does it cost you your area to replace each sheet of OSB plywood by a roofing contractor in your area? I have a roofing company with solid 5 star reviews on every web site that everyone claims to be the best price and value in town who is asking for $55 a sheet replaced. OSB is $12.50 at Lowes, and I was a roofer 20+ years ago as a kid and know it takes a nail gun and about 60 seconds to install a sheet of OSB because I've done it. Am I being overcharged?

I run a roofing company and we have $2.35 sq.ft. in our contracts.  We often greatly discount that price for larger areas or if we know in advance plywood will be needed.  Sheets of 7/16" OSB around here have been around $17, and then you have removal, disposal, installation and quite possibly a trip to the store.  It's possible for us to loose money on replacing a sheet.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you