Real estate investing partner terms

1 Reply

Hi guys!

So I’ve been doing a ton of research on my market, analyzing deals, making connections etc.. and I have a partner who is suggesting that the deal be structured 65/35 in favor of him even though I’m the one finding the deal and all he’s doing is providing down payment funds.

Am I crazy to think that this deal should be structured as him providing all the down payment funds and me doing literally EVERYTHING to be structured 50/50 in terms of profits?

Thanks for all advice!

Can you find someone who'll accept 50/50? If so then those are the terms! At the end of the day it's a negotiation. If he'll only take 65/35 but you want 50/50, then you need to find someone who will accept 50/50, If it's a good deal, the money is out there.

At the end of the day, if you're brand new then 65/35 might be fair. Get the deal done so you can make some money, build your resume, and keep going for other deals

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you