Investing in Manufactured Homes

2 Replies

Does anyone have experience investing in manufactured homes? I am looking at some in my area, and depending on the demand, I could make it work. 

I’m wondering if there is any less demand for a manufactured home than a regular condo, Townhome or house. There are some lot fees in the neighborhood I am looking in, but the deal could still rent for more than the combined mortgage and lot fee amount. 

Again, I am taking all of this into consideration when running my numbers, but none of that matters if nobody wants a manufactured home. 

I can see both sides of the coin. On the one hand, there is a certain stigma that comes along with a manufactured home... on the other hand, it’s in a great neighborhood and the unit itself is brand new. 

Thanks for the help, BP.

Most of us know "manufactured home" means a mobile home.  Sometimes people mistake that term for "modular home" (home pre-fabricated in pieces and assembled).  You should clarify which one you're really interested in the responses would be more concise. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you