I want to build a 5 or 7-plex, but I'm not sure how to proceed. I have 2 sources to begin the project.
- Use the equity in my home to finance the 25% for the construction loan (or I could outright sell the home)
- Take a loan from my 401Ks to finance the construction loan.
I'm a newbie and am just not sure which route to take. What do the experienced RE investors think about my 2 options and are there any other options that I should consider?
Thanks so much in advance.
@Dave Fellow , do you have experience as a builder? If not, you'll have a very difficult time pulling this together. One option is to partner up with a great GC or developer.
Personally, I'd do a HELOC and try to make sure the deal will pencil out to where I could reclaim that capital within a year or two.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you