Young RE Investor. Advantages v Disadvantages.

1 Reply

I hear Josh and Brandon talk about this once in a while, but I wanted to see what some of you guys who like to talk in the forums think.

I'm talking young. Like the ages from 18 to 23 young. 

Those of you who are more experienced, what do you think some advantages and disadvantages are of being very young and also being interested, and starting to get into RE investing?

Are you typically shying away from younger kids who try to get your business/join you in business? Or if they are able to demonstrate their work ethic, will to learn, upfront honesty, while also maintaining the confidence to get what they need to get done, do you ever consider working with these 'newbies'?

Thanks for the responses as always, I really do appreciate you guys taking time out of your day to share your 'I've been there' opinion with me. I have been working a lot of hours lately (mainly to save capital), but will get back to more of you throughout the week.

Thanks again,

Sam Giberti

Personally, there is a lot to be said for seasoned investors working with non-seasoned investors. It keeps everyone on their toes.

Some of the most important things when starting out are:
. Know when to stay off the cell phone.
. Be consistent
. Be punctual
. Be sure you can deliver what you promise
. Know when to ask for help..
. When you find something hard, Don't quit.
. When doing a task, no matter how small OWN IT

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you