Moved to Cumming, GA!

10 Replies

Hi Everyone! 

I've recently moved into the Atlanta area and have settled down in Cumming. I'm sending out a quick forum post with several keywords (Atlanta, Cumming, Multi-Family investing :) ) to find local investors... any good meetups in the area? 

Looking forward to connecting and meeting everyone! 

Welcome to Cumming, Stephen! I’ve been there around 6 years and really like the area. Here are a few that I go to semi regularly:

North Gwinnett Deal flow- (last Monday of the month and through bigger pockets at 7). Newer and smaller group but allows for an intimate setting which is nice to have in depth conversations. About 30 mins from Cumming at Buffalos’ Cafe

North lake reia- (last Wednesday of every month 6:30-9:30). Features guest  speakers with solid agenda each month. Larger group. Located in Gainesville so may be 30 plus mins from you.

Alliance Mountain REIA- 1st Tuesday of every month at 6:30, Golden Corral in Cumming). Longest tenured group and a nice format for learning and networking. Def the closest one to you that I am aware of.

There are a bunch more, especially if you go a little south. Good luck and let me know if I can help you out in any way-just shoot me a message!

Hi there guy- I’m not too familiar with McDonough but I think your best bet is to go to the “forums” section of bigger pockets and type in a search of “McDonough“ and you will find a bunch of people talking about the area and you could message the ones that appear to live or invest there and see if they know of any good meetups in the general area. I bet there is something out there for you.

@Brian Bourdua @Stephen Quesinberry Thanks for the post and information. I grew up in Cumming and am finally moving back to invest in real estate after 10 years of being away.

I’m about ready to pull the trigger on my first property purchase and am having a hard time finding any multi-family properties in the area. Any advice or pointers for getting started investing in Cumming area?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you