Wholesaling, Flipping or Rental Properties?

2 Replies

In my opinion I recommend flipping first. I think it puts the starters in the position to earn good money by stepping into a first-hand-user experience that will illuminate the other two roles (wholesealing and rental ownership). So so soooo many people start in wholesaling and truly wouldn't know the ARV of a home if their friend's life depended on it, yet wholesale homes based on that very knowledge (i.e. they fake it and mislead people). Flipping (or BRRRRing) will give you great first-hand experience and will build your intuitive understanding.

Great questions make great opportunities!   Good work!

Buy and hold is the greatest way to create wealth in REI. However, wholesaling and flipping are a good way to generate capital to buy rentals. The ultimate goal in real estate should always be multifamily, in my opinion. The quicker you can get to larger multifamily deals, the better.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you