Bed & Breakfast ? Good investment? Bad Investment ?

2 Replies

Thoughts on converting an 8 bedroom amish built home in West Union, Ohio into a bed & breakfast. 152 Walt Alsgood West Union, Ohio 45693. Good investment? Bad investment ? A buyer has asked me. What are your thoughts?

16.5 acres. The thought is fresh eggs & fresh ingredients to be grown on the property. It actually sounds like a great idea but I want to get the opinion of investors & other professionals. Thanks for any comments or advice! 

@Amber Roush - I think one of the biggest considerations is whether your buyer wants to pursue the B&B lifestyle.  This is not a passive business, so your buyer would want to be prepared to be an owner and operator. 

One thought I have had is to convert old B&Bs to residential assisted living.  I haven't gone too deep, but I think there could be some opportunity where I'm from in New England.

Promotion
BAM Capital
Multifamily Syndicator
Targeted 10% Monthly Returns | Passive Income
Backed by institutional-grade apartments, strong sponsor track record, $700M AUM, over 5,000 units
Learn More

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you