Houston area title company

19 Replies

Can anyone recommend a Houston area investor friendly title company. Anyone who deals with assignment of contracts, sub2’s etc. I am a new investor. Thanks in advance and god bless!

Patten Title Company is one of the bigger players, although there are many others.  They recently changed their name (as I discovered this week) as they were Patten Law Firm / Texas American Title.  They are in the Galleria, right on the loop.
Originally posted by @Marcus Hardy :

Can anyone recommend a Houston area investor friendly title company. Anyone who deals with assignment of contracts, sub2’s etc. I am a new investor. Thanks in advance and god bless!

I've done deals that would be in the top 1% of "unusual" investor deals with Jeff Laird.  I still bring him as many of my normal deals as possible (since I don't need to be as creative anymore) to thank him for helping me when I started.

The Laird Law Firm, P.C.

1512 Heights Blvd.

Houston, TX 77008

713529 eight eight zero zero  (why wouldn't BP allow a phone number?  That's dumb)

Marcus feel free to reach out if you need a contact person.  They run in 'deal teams' there, so when you bring a deal in you get assigned to a particular team.  There is also a business development manager there who is named Glen Sharrock.  He's hard to track down, though, because he's out doing his thing.  You'll see him at the big events around town, though.  

We have used Chicago Title to sell a completed flip, but that's just a typical mortgage deal.  Not sure if they do stuff like assignments or subject-to deals, etc.  @Cameron Tope is that your experience?

Originally posted by @Mark Sewell :

Marcus feel free to reach out if you need a contact person.  They run in 'deal teams' there, so when you bring a deal in you get assigned to a particular team.  There is also a business development manager there who is named Glen Sharrock.  He's hard to track down, though, because he's out doing his thing.  You'll see him at the big events around town, though.  

We have used Chicago Title to sell a completed flip, but that's just a typical mortgage deal.  Not sure if they do stuff like assignments or subject-to deals, etc.  @Cameron Tope is that your experience?

Hey Mark!

Yes, I've used her for all types of deals - assignments, owner finance, sub 2s, etc. I can't say for sure about all the other Chicago Title locations but Jessica Sapio can definitely work with investors. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you