RE online classes from University? Upper level

3 Replies

Hello BP!

First I'm not really sure where to put this question so if it needs to be moved please do so. To preface this, I'm using my GI Bill for the remainder of my degree (current active duty military) and have secured a couple job opportunities once I'm out of the Coast Guard. My major is political science but I seeOP no reason to minor in something similar (CJ minor is 18 credits but it won't do me much good as oppose to RE classes).

I'm currently about 18 upper level credits away from my bachelors. Ive finished up my core classes for PS. With the remaining classes I have left to take, I'd like to take something that is going to benefit me. Im actively looking for a 2-4 unit to house hack and putting offers in every month. Does anyone know of any real estate related classes from an accredited University that I can take online? The University that I'm currently finishing up in only has in person classes and is not local.

The local property management classes are not considered upper level. Thankd!

I took a real estate class in college and honestly the best thing I got out of it was learning about BiggerPockets. They don't normally have a lot to offer that isn't already on this website (and networking). I think the best subjects that would help with real estate would be business and accounting classes. Those are hard skills that you will need to run your real estate business.

@Logan Graham thanks, I guess that would be a better worded question.

Are RE classes worth it or do you get anything out of them?

Appreciate the input. I'll do some digging on that.

My local college does offer PM courses. I dont plan on making that a career, only self manage between 5 and 10 doors total. Wonder if those would be more beneficial?

@Mark F. I am not sure about the PM jobs. I just took a PM a year ago because I wanted to learn more about it and that has been great. But I think any classes that you take that help you learn more about money and business will help.

When it comes down too it one class isn’t going to teach you everything. To really learn something you have to do more research and studying after you finish the class for you to really learn it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you