How do I get better than 70%LTV on a SFR?

How do I get better than 70%LTV on a SFR?

Rental Property Investor · Columbia, MO · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 5 votes

I have over $100k in equity in a rental property...I am unable to use it because of fees associated with HELOC and refinancing. How do I get past this? Do I have to use a hard money lender?

0Reply
12 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Delran, NJ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 951 votes
    7y

    Are you bankable? You can't find a bank or credit union willing to give you 75-80%? Just trying to get more background on the situation

  • Lender · Hackensack, NJ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 372 votes
    7y

    Where is the property located? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbia, MO · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    My property is in Colorado Springs and my credit score is 660 and going up.

  • Real Estate Agent · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2017 · 224 posts · 201 votes
    7y

    @Zachary Wiederstein I’m in the Springs as well. Most lenders won’t do a Heloc on an investment although I’m sure there is someone out there who would - I just haven’t found one. Talk with Rich Dillman at Caliber I’m Briargate. He can help with cash out refinancing.

  • Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2018 · 144 posts · 101 votes
    7y

    Yeah, cash out refi is the only traditional option I'm aware of unless you have a portfolio of about 3 or more properties. Once you have a portfolio of properties you can bundle the equity into a commercial LOC that's based more on your balance sheet than individual lines. That's what I have. Commercial terms are not as attractive as residential, and it does come with annual fees, but it's a good option.

  • Lender · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Zachary Wiederstein

    What is the value of the property? With conventional, for a single family rental property you can get an LTV up to 75% with a cash out refinance and up to 70% LTV with a multi-family rental.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.