General Real Estate Investing
Account Closed
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
real estate agent's job

Account Closed
  • Tucson, AZ
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:57

What, exactly is part of the JOB description of the real estate agent, beyond showing property, selling it, and getting the check?
I am working with "A". He is to help me find a rental property and so far he's showed me several houses. I expected discussion on the merits of each for my goals, even while driving to the other places, but there has been little to none. He has been prattling on about everything but the houses and my needs.

I insisted on having a rental agent meet us last week to give me an idea of rental value of a few places. That agent showed us a couple of places HE recently had listed, but the listings had expired. I asked him if the owners were at all flexible, and as he replied MY agent interupted and warned the guy about responsibilities of an agent. That rental office fellow is no longer associated with the seller, that listing died weeks ago, and I thought MY agent was to help ME. I did not ask how low the seller might go, I asked if there was any flexibility. He finally said, "you can ask." I was not happy with MY agent interrupting that info. It could have been the difference between a sale or not.

Is the agent's job to point out advantages/disadvantages of various places, good and bad things about properties, physical and otherwise, guide the buyer even a little, and otherwise discuss what the buyer is looking for? Is it the agents job to stop info, or to secure it?

I'm not happy with him right now. What is the agent's job beyond opening properties to show a potential buyer?
Thanks.
A miffed ofgift

Loading replies...