Driving for dollars works!

2 Replies

Driving for dollars really works...

My wife and I were driving around a prime house hacking, 4-plex neighborhood when we noticed a house that jumped out as a value add gem. As we took a closer look, we realized that someone was taking tools into the bottom unit. I was ready to drive off but my wife convinced me to get out of the car and ask the man about the property. Thank god she did, turns out he is the owner and looking to sell. We made an offer the next day! (Waiting on an official response). Whether we get the property under contract or not is relatively unimportant. The big take away is that driving for dollars only works if you actually take action when you see an opportunity. Thanks, @Rachel Schwartz for pushing me to get off my butt!!

Thank you for sharing that inspirational experience. Applying that overarching concept (of taking action when seeing an opportunity) has the power to compound your success tremendously in nearly every aspect of your life. Glad to see that you've applied it towards driving for dollars. Where will you apply that concept next? Also, please don't leave us hanging on the outcome, for happily-ever-afters are best shared. Best of luck.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here