30 Year Amortization In 2?

30 Year Amortization In 2?

Rental Property Investor · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2019 · 60 posts · 50 votes

I’m looking at fourplex that is priced at $145k. The owner will finance with $15k down, 2-year call, 8.5% 30 years amortized. I put that into an amortization calculator and it looked like the payoff for the original loan of $130,000 would be $359,852. Am I correct in the way I am looking at this? If so, this property would never appraise for anywhere near that amount when the 2 year call ended, so why would anyone do this? I feel like I must be missing something, or this person might be intentionally trying to trap someone inexperienced.

0Reply
37 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Patrick Torres I don't think you understand how a financial calculator works. 130k @8.5% 30 year amortization and call on month 25 is $127854.27. Print the amortization schedule. and look at month 25.

  • Rental Property Investor · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2019 · 60 posts · 50 votes
    6y

    @Tim Herman

    I did not understand how the draw worked, thank you Tim.

  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    6y

    Your missing the fact that your tenants are making all the payments for you, so all you are spending is the down payment

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.