Passing the time while social distancing

3 Replies

Is anyone taking this time off to self educate? What is everyone reading? What podcasts are you ripping though? What Youtubers are worth checking out?

(All this assumes that you've already listened to all 376 BP episodes!)

I really enjoy The Stacking Benjamins Show. Its a great personal finance show where they don't expect you to learn anything except Doug's famous trivia. 

I'm lucky that full time job allows me to WFH so that's taken up a big chunk of my time, but for self educating, I've attended a couple of virtual meetups and I'm currently switching between:

The Canadian Landlord Guide - Expert Advice to Become a Profitable RE Investor

BT's The Book on Investing in RE with No Money Down

My wife and I have also been playing a lot of Scrabble so maybe that counts as self education if my vocabulary gets better?

I am on my second BP book since the lock down in Vegas.  The current one is House hacking.  Spare time is spent watching some potential investment properties and seeing deals can be had.  Just signed up for PRO membership so i have new toys to play with.

My job is considered "essential" so I am still putting in my 40 a week.  Wife works from home most of the time too.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you