What's your current portfolio mix?

18 Replies

Promotion
Sharestates
America's Private Lender
Receive Fix and Flip Funding Approval In As Little As 24 Hours!
Sharestates helps developers and brokers secure funding quickly with the most competitive terms.
Get Funded

Great growth @Avery Carl .  Also a very insightful podcast you recorded for BP. 

We have 8 Single family LTR's and 2 STR's in the Pocono's. We are looking to expand to other STR markets.

@Avery Carl what STR markets do your team specialize in?

@Avery Carl Right now I have two Blue Ridge STRs and six single family long term rentals. I would like to have 5-6 total STRs and then use that cash flow to focus on purchasing more passive multifamily properties and commercial properties.

@Avery Carl I have added 7 units so far in 2021 and still hoping for more. I have:

1 SFR

1 Duplex that I house hack

1 3 Unit

1 4 Unit

My market has gotten more expensive and more competitive as outsiders are discovering it. However as I decided to look elsewhere I am realizing it is still cheaper than most, the cash flow is just less right now.

Promotion
REI Nation
Turnkey Real Estate
Wondering how to safely invest in out-of-state real estate?
This 40-page eBook is your best resource for safe, profitable, passive real estate investing.
Download Now

@Avery Carl , by value, or by unit mix? I've got 3 fourplexes, a duplex, and two condos. Value wise it's probably about 60% fourplexes, 25% in the duplex, and 15% for the two condos. If you pull in assets, it's about 55% real estate, 40% stocks and bonds, 4% cash and <1% vehicles. Obviously everything besides the unit mix fluctuates a fair bit.

@Avery Carl

First off, Your new podcast is AWESOME ! Super good content! Keep up the great work!

Currently :

1 long term rental on 10acres with potential to develop more long terms on.

7 short term rentals that I built from the ground up.

Working on a deal to build 6 - 4BR semi oceanfront houses with community pool.

All on the Outer Banks of North Carolina which is a great regional drive to destination with a long established history of short term rentals as tourism is our main income producer for our communities with "relaxed " STR rules and regulations.

My wife and I are looking to expand our portfolio to the Smokies and the Orlando areas in the near future and would love to connect with your team to help us find the right properties.

Cheers!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you