Real Estate Investments

1 Reply

Several investors are seeing Covid-19 as an opportunity to invest in real estate while others are closing up shop. Often times, a lost to some is a gain to others. Who is losing? The banks because people have stop making payments. The effect? Now houses must sell in order to get cash to survive. That's where you and I could in because we have the cash to help people in their time of need. Are you taking advantage of people in a bad time? No. However the $1200 check from the government only put a bandaid on their problems temporarily and it's going to take more than $1200 to get out of a 3 month deficit caused by job layoffs.

So what now?  Real estate is hot.  Get investments while people are ready to unload.  If you are not liquid, take a personal loan to fund your first deal then refinance to pull the cash out.  Because cash is king in purchasing real estate.  The investor with cash is the one that always wins.

How to win?  Be ready to submit pof with 24 hours when presented with a great deal.  Look for great resale value even if you are going to rent it.  Have a great rehab team in place.

What about yours?

We haven't really seen the impacts trickle through the real estate market yet, from my perspective. There are a lot of delinquent mortgages, notes in forbearance, unpaid rents - etc. Despite the recent decline in unemployment rate, we still haven't seen the end of this recession. I believe the deals will start showing up later this year/early 2021. That said, I haven't stopped looking.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here