Running cops or multi family

4 Replies

Hey guys, what is the best way for me to run comps on a multi family property if there is it any similar units they have sold recently within the same square footage or miles?

Precious, I'm an RE agent and investor in Columbus Oh. When looking at comps for MF 2-4 units you can really go off of sales comps. Once you get into 5 units and more it's based more on CAP rate. NOI / (markets cap rate) = value.

If there are not any recent sales near your property I would look at what the SFH are selling for in the area. That will at least give you something to start with.

Originally posted by @Precious Thompson :

Hey guys, what is the best way for me to run comps on a multi family property if there is it any similar units they have sold recently within the same square footage or miles?

Get yourself an agent with access to sales data.
or you can use a product like RedBell which isn't as accurate.

Originally posted by @Precious Thompson :

Get MLS access. The best way is to work with a local agent

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you