New member to the group

3 Replies

Hello all!!! My name is Reese and I'm just starting out in investing. My interest are wholesale and fix and flips. I'm 3 months from retiring from the military and looking forward to full time investing. I've been reading a lot of post on here and have gained a lot of knowledge. Any advice for a new investor would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the party @Reese Bake ! Congrats on being so close to retirement from the military. What're you trying to accomplish with real estate? Is that what is drawing you into flipping/wholesaling? I've gotten a lot of value out of the podcast over the last few years and found connecting with people on BP in my local market to be helpful in getting started as well.

@Ryan Hill thank you!! My goals are to generate a decent income doing something that I love and just working for myself. Me and my wife own a couple properties (1 rental and our primary) and started watching flip shows, going to real estate seminars, and watching a lot of YouTube, and decided we wanted to give it a shot. We’ve been think about it for a few years and final ready to get started.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you