• Investor
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
Agents for new investors

Ryan Lewis
  • Investor
  • Nashville, TN
Posted Aug 9 2020, 17:29

Hi all - new real estate investor here. I'm buying my first property within the next 1-2 months out of state (I live in CA but am buying in TN). I'll be in-market for 11 days starting August 25th to ideally find the right property.

I interviewed ~4 agents over the course of the last 2 months before meeting one that I liked...we got introduced through a friend who recently bought through her. Since meeting, she's helped me a lot from a distance over a few 45 min phone calls, emailing me listings, being very responsive to my questions via text and generally teaching me the fundamentals of real estate investing. 

I felt really good about working with her up until last week, when I met another agent who seemed better. He's more experienced, has bought and managed more properties personally (26 vs. 6), has far more listings and is publicly recognized as one of the best agents in that market. We also seem to get along well and share similar ambitions + investment philosophies.

My question - who do I work with?

It is generally considered poor business etiquette in real estate to stop working with an agent who helped you get started, for an agent you meet right before your trip but seems better?

Any and all input is welcome. I'm generally concerned about making the right decision because I plan to invest in this market for years to come and want to build strong relationships.I also want to always be working with the best people though...

Loading replies...