Fayetteville North Carolina

25 Replies

Any Up and Coming Real Estate Investors In Fayetteville NC? Looking to network with others in my Area. I haven’t gotten my first deal yet but I know it’s coming soon!

@Donald Loftin do it!!!!!!  I am an investor in Fayetteville also.  The best thing to do is to get educated and take action.  Don't wait around forever, that's the biggest thing that I see new investors doing.  The perfect deal doesn't exist.  

We do an investors meet-up every month called Pints and Properties.  It is a great way to meet people with similar interests.  

@Miquell James I'm wholesaling in Fayetteville as well. My best advice is to consistently market to sellers. Don't worry about buyers, just network with investor friendly agents and other wholesalers for that at first. But consistency is key. I'm here if you have any questions.

Originally posted by @Miquell James :

Hey man, I am an aspiring wholesaler in Fayetteville. Like you, I haven't got my first deal but I am looking to build a network of like minded people. What kind of RE are you into?

To piggyback somewhat off of what Zech said about it, I would say to start out working for somebody with experience.  It isn't as glorious or as fun, but there is an absolute glut of people who see wholesale as their access point to the real estate industry without any money or experience.  And as a result, wholesale can get to be a pretty ugly field fraught with terrible deals and ethically questionable practices.  There are certainly good wholesalers, but they have to work extremely hard to find deals and they often have to accept smaller fees than they would like in order to make those deals desirable for their buyers.  In the same way that a lot of people on this website want to get into real estate investing because they saw a post about "How I made $1MILLION in seven months just by flipping houses", a lot of people get into wholesale because they heard that you can make $10,000 by simply signing two contracts.  But it's not nearly that simple.  Zech really knows what he's doing, though and could surely help you out in term of teaching you more about it.

I'm an investor in the Fayetteville area but I no longer live there. I'm actively working on a deal right now and utilize a property manager in Fayetteville. There are incredible cash following deals if you don't care much for appreciation.  

@Antionette Carradine my first one was a SFH and I didn't have a lot of money to repair so I bought one with virtually no repairs necessary and then once I moved out and put a tenant in, it barely cashflowed. (was a 0 down VA loan) so I refinanced at a lower rate and now it makes about $170/month. I'm working on a bigger deal now and I'll update you on whether it needs lots of repairs.

@Donald Loftin

Hello Donald! Best of luck on your investing journey. The Pints and property meetups in Fayetteville were always so helpful when we were starting out. Would highly recommend attending a few. There are a variety of investors and speaking with them in person can really help you decide on which path you might like to take. We are contractors. We flip houses and have a few rentals. If you have any question on either feel free to reach out!

Hi everyone, jumping in here as well. New investor exploring markets and have been speaking to some folks about Fayetteville. Have heard that you can find some good cash flowing properties there although the appreciation won't quite be there, which I am ok with right now. I am looking to BRRRR a SFH to get my feet wet and experience with my first property. Anyone have any info on good neighborhoods to look for or general tips on getting into this market, I'd be happy to connect!

Hey everyone, my wife and I are looking to get started with our first investment property in Fayetteville. We’ve been following BP for a while now, and are ready to take action. We would like to set everything up as if it were long distance investing to simulate out-of-state if we eventually go that route. 

Thanks!

@Sean McCarthy out of state/area investing is as simple as setting up a good team to facilitate. I invest in Fayetteville but live north of Raleigh and until recently had never even been there. There are some amazing individuals who are much better at being a realtor or PM or contractor than I ever would be. You can do it!

@Ashley Mitchell, we have lived outside of Fayetteville for a while. There are definitely areas with higher crime, but there are also some very nice locations too. I would talk with a property manager or real estate agent for market expertise. They can help you hone in on a location based on your goals. 

Originally posted by @Sean McCarthy :

Hey everyone, my wife and I are looking to get started with our first investment property in Fayetteville. We’ve been following BP for a while now, and are ready to take action. We would like to set everything up as if it were long distance investing to simulate out-of-state if we eventually go that route. 

Thanks!

Awesome man! What’s your next step? Do you have areas/asset/strategies types in town that you are focusing on?

Originally posted by @Justin Melendez :
Originally posted by @Sean McCarthy:

Thanks!

Awesome man! What’s your next step? Do you have areas/asset/strategies types in town that you are focusing on?

Hey man, I'm just trying to build out a team that's familiar with investing in Fayetteville so I can leverage expertise from those that have already done what we're trying to accomplish. We're mainly looking at somewhat distressed SFH or MFH BRRRR deals. Just trying to get a few base hits initially, and then scale rapidly from there. We can discuss financial posture more in detail if you want to shoot me a PM.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you