Beginning my real estate investment journey

4 Replies

My name is Simeon Wright, a graduating Senior from Howard University. I am now laying down my foundation to pursing my path as a real estate investor.I am looking for any advice or possible knowledge felt necessary to learn on this journey.I am hoping to absorb as much game as possible from the BP community.

@Simeon Wright
Can you give us specific questions you have to better help you?

With Real Estate Investment, there's a lot of information...too much information to express entirely in this form of communication.

There's a Webinar this Friday that would be highly beneficial for newbie investors to attend.

Don't hesitate to reach out with your questions. Always happy to help.

That's a very broad question... First thing first is you have to figure out WHAT you want to do and what your strengths are. Are you handy? Maybe do some flips to get some cash. Are you super motivated and a go-getter? Look at wholesaling. Eventually you're going to want passive income, so figure out if you want to invest in Residential vs Commercial, what kinds of each, etc. Lastly, start to learn about different financing options and techniques, since money unfortunately isn't free. You're in the right place here at BP, knowledge is everywhere, but take your time right now to figure out what you want to do. 

My advice is to listen to all 400ish podcasts BP has now and by the time your done, you'll know what direction you want to go and enough to get started. A house hack is a great way to get started while minimizing risk and the BRRRR strategy is my favorite method to build a portfolio and scale quickly.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you